Well, he's managed to do it again - irritate me to my almost last nerve. For some odd reason, he's become quite irresponsible for someone his age. Ever since this last little deployment, he's been different, and I'm not quite sure I like it too much. Here are some examples:
* When he gets home from work, he takes off his uniform/gear and leaves it strewn all over the living/dining room. 9 times out of 10, he leaves it down there, "because he needs it the next morning." Since when is the couch your closet?? He also can't seem to put his dirty clothes in the clothes basket in the closet. He'll toss the clothes in the closet, and if they don't make it in the basket, he leaves them on the floor! It's not like it's that far for him to go pick up whatever didn't make it and toss it into the basket - the closet is on his side of the bed which is a mere 2 steps away from the basket. I hate having to pick up after him - he's almost 24 for crying out loud, and I'm not his mother! I've asked him and reminded him lots of times, but he still doesn't do it.
* He's way too reliant on his cell phone as an alarm. Hello!!?!?!?!? We have an alarm clock in our bedroom. Use that - that's what it's there for. Once again, today he's late for work (time #2 in the past month). Our cell phones shut off last night [I'm thinking power surge or something along those lines - heck, we've had crazy weather the past couple of days!]. No cell phone means no alarm for him, and he woke up at 5am. He was supposed to be to work at 4:30 this morning. Honestly...use the dang alarm clock we have! Then, you don't have to worry about having the phone on silent/vibrate or ringer, and you don't have to worry about it randomly shutting off in the middle of the night.
* Since we're moving in a short while (a little over 3 weeks), he's slipped into an "I don't care because I'm out of here soon" attitude. I'm sorry, but really? I know we're moving to a much better place and you really don't like this area, but do you really have to care so little about your job and the quality of work you're doing? Maybe I feel this way because I was raised to do everything to my best ability, no matter what. It didn't make a difference if I had a year left or a week left - I still tried to do my best at the tasks I was given.
* Yesterday, we got dumped on with snow and winds. I spent 2 hours yesterday morning snowblowing our driveways (ours and our 2 neighbors). There was so much snow and I knew he'd get stuck trying to even get through the pile that the snow plows left at the end of the driveway. Well, it just so happened that some good friends of ours got their vehicle stuck in their unscooped, unplowed driveway. Since I had already spent more than 3 hours outside clearing snow, I figured I'd leave our friend's driveway for him to deal with when he got off from work. Nearly an hour after work, he finally gets his butt outside, and I thought he was going to go over to their place right away. (A quick sidenote: Our gas station here was closed today and we had probably a little over a tank of gas left. I went through probably a tank and a quarter just doing our driveways earlier.). No, my wonderful Hubby decided to go over our driveway again instead of going over to our friends. (hello...she's over 32 weeks pregnant, and if she would have had to go to the hospital, they would have been screwed!) When he was about halfway done with our driveway, I went out and talked to him and sent him over to their house right away. I figured I'd rather have theirs cleaned out than have our driveways done twice and run out of gas. Ours had already been done once and there really wasn't that much snow on it that we couldn't drive over it. They were stuck in their driveway for crying out loud, and there's a lot of snow out there!
Okay, those are probably my biggest issues right now. I've kinda been moody the past couple of days though, so I'm certain that doesn't help either. It's just that things like this (common sense things I guess) really grate on my nerves.
I do still love him though. Despite all of his shortcomings, I do still love him.
1 comment:
Im sorry you and your dh are not agreeing on some things, try talking to him and finding some sort of compromise. My dh also does the thing where he throw his clothes, jacket, ties, shoes, etc. all over the house when he gets home from work and I have tried everything to get him to stop, finally the other day I said, "Im not gonna yell or fight with you about this any longer, if you dont care enough about your belongings to take an extra minute to put them away, I will throw them away next time I see it. and I wont say another word about it." It was a little extreme but the boy hasn't left anything on the floor since. I think he finally got it. lol.
Post a Comment