Thursday, March 19, 2009

side effects?

Okay, everything I've read about the HCG shot is that many women experience pregnancy-like symptoms. If my body responds to the HCG like most other women (meaning having pregnancy symptoms), I'm going to know right away when we're pregnant cuz I won't have a single symptom. Honestly. I'm currently 4 DP-HCG injection and I honestly don't have any post-O symptoms. My boobs don't ache nor are they swollen. My skin hasn't broken out like it usually does. I'm not bloated at all. I don't have to pee a lot. Nothing. So I guess this also means that around 10 DPO I'll also know if this cycle worked or not. If it's anything like last cycle, all my post-o problems will hit that day. Last month I went from completely asymptomatic to completely symptomatic all within a day. I'm not joking. *sigh* Just another thing for me to obsess over I guess.

So yesterday I learned that this baby shower I'm helping to plan basically hasn't had anything done. No one has planned anything or done their part. I sent out a huge email this morning to everyone and we finally got some things planned out. Now, if everyone just holds up their end, things will go great! I'm usually not one to suddenly take the lead when stuff isn't getting done, but honestly, the shower is in 2 weeks and nothing has been accomplished. From what I can gather though, a majority of the stuff is going to be done by the mother-to-be and myself. Not that I don't mind, but that week is going to be heck for me! I have my endoscopy that Monday, then Wednesday, I'm taking the dogs down to my parents. Thursday I'll return; Friday, I have to make the cake for the shower and make sure we have everything we need, and Saturday is the shower. What a joy!! Not to mention that the following week is when the movers are coming to get our stuff, so we need to have the stuff we're moving packed up and put where they won't take it. ugh....just what I know I don't need right now - extra stress!!

No comments: