Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another day...

Lately we have had the most gorgeous weather!! It's been in the mid to upper 40's and the sun has been shining! Okay, for most, that's cold, but for us, that's a heat wave!! (We were below zero just a week ago!) I must say I am enjoying seeing the snow melt away and the grass start to peek through. My dogs aren't too big on the mud puddles, but soon enough they won't have to deal with them anymore.

As for TTC, I had my days 11 and 13 follie checks last week. Day 13 showed a follie that measured 17.5 mm. The ultrasound tech tried to page my doctor (even though he wasn't on-call) to see what to do next, but my doc never answered the page. [He's out of town for a couple of weeks.] So, the tech pages the on-call doc who doesn't do follie checks on her patients. Basically, I had to waste an hour of time in town waiting for the doc to get out of surgery, review the report, and decide if I should get my trigger shot or repeat the follie check on Sunday. I was less than impressed. When she finally called me back over an hour later, we basically discussed what my doctor has done in the past and she ended up making me come back on Sunday for another check.

Sunday's scan went very well. My 17.5mm follie had blossomed into over 20mm!! Needless to say, I got my trigger shot. And, I have no idea why this one was so different from my last one, but honestly, I have not had any pain as a result from the shot. Last month, I could barely walk. This month, I just have a small bruise where they put the needle in. I didn't have any interference with my walking abilities whatsoever. I'm thinking they may have diluted the HCG stuff more, or they just did a better job of giving the shot. Either way, things went very well. And on Monday around 4:30pm, I felt my ovulation!! It was crazy strange. Sharp pains in my side for about 90 seconds, and then it was over. Short and sweet. Plus, hubby and I have had some amazing timing this cycle, so March 30 will be the POAS date, if I don't cheat and go before then!! haha

I've also decided that in case this cycle doesn't work out, I'm going to do April with another round of Clomid and follie checks with a trigger shot. Granted, I know it's going to be crazy busy with the move and all, but I really just don't want to have a huge time gap between doing treatments here with my doc and restarting things in Colorado when we get there. Hubby is okay with it. Depending on if AF visits me, I may even bug my doc to do an HSG before we skedaddle out of this place. I'm hoping and praying we won't even have to do another round in April. This had better be our month dangit!!

2 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

Sounds great! Can't wait for 3/30!

Julie said...

Glad to hear you are having a heat wave. I know how great 40 can feel after how cold it gets there.

I really hope this is your last cycle that you need to TTC. ~*~*Baby Dust*~*~