Now, on to the true subject matter of this post. Next weekend is the baby shower that I'm helping to plan. I'm proud to say that I have almost everything on my to-do-list checked off. There's some last minute things that I still need to do, but a majority of my tasks are done! I got my blanket crocheted (still need to wash it and wrap it up!), I got the diaper cake almost 100% done (I just need to figure out what kind of base will support the darn thing), and I have almost everything for the games! The cake is planned out (that's a day before completion task), and all in all, things are looking much better than they did a couple of weeks ago. The mother to be and myself are doing about 80% of the things for this shower, and she's not too impressed with the other 2 ladies who are supposed to be helping. They agreed to help out, but they're really not helping too much. As long as they get their few things done, I'll be happy. But then again, if they don't, I'm an excellent last-minute worker/planner. Stress always does that to me.
I am so proud of my diaper cake. Thanks to a YouTube video, I learned how easy they are to make and decided to try my hand at one. I must say it turned out way better than I could have expected!! Time wise, it didn't take long at all and I think it's darned cute! I'm still working on what I can use as a base though, so it's currently stationed on our dining room table. But here are some pre-base pictures!
A better angle of the bow that took me forever to make!
I think I spent more time on the bow than I did making the entire cake,
but I think it turned out pretty darned cute.
I think I spent more time on the bow than I did making the entire cake,
but I think it turned out pretty darned cute.
3 comments:
Cute cake! I make diaper cakes as well! They make such a great centerpiece and double as a gift.
That is adorable!! I wanna know how to do that! People charge arms and legs to make those. The next shower I go to that is what I'll bring and watch that same video. That is "if" I ever go to another baby shower.
That's one adorable diaper cake! I wish I knew how to do that, too!
Post a Comment