Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a week!

So it's only Wednesday, but honestly to me it feels more like a Thursday or Friday! This week has been kinda crazy already, but in a somewhat good way.

Hubby and I have decided to start working with the youth group at our church. It's something that's always been a passion of ours, and now we finally have a church that not only needs adult help but also has an amazing youth group as well. The youth pastor is super excited about having us help out too. We've even agreed to help out with an all-nighter event on Friday night/Saturday morning. It's such a great opportunity for us to finally do what we've always wanted to. And I kinda let it slip that I've been involved in worship teams before (never a leader), and the youth pastor was asking me about that as well. Seems they need a new worship leader for the youth group. He told me that the band they have is pretty awesome, they just need someone to guide them. I told him I've never done any worship leading, but we'll see how things turn out.

At church on Sunday, one of my friends approached me and asked how my job search was going (she's always checking up on me to see how things are). She asked how desperate I was getting because her job is opening very soon. [She's changing professions.] I found out the job is literally across town from where we live, but the starting pay is around 32k/year (a pretty large step up from what I made at my last job), which I'm perfectly happy with. It is a desk job (which I'm okay with), and she said that she would talk to her boss about me and put in a good word for me. Well yesterday, after facebooking back and forth, I finally got a little more info about the position and I emailed my resume to the boss lady. Even her boss was hoping that I'd at least meet with her to discuss the job. Now I sit and wait once again, but I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

As for TTC, I'm on CD7 today and I'm not so sure AF plans on ever stopping completely!! I'm scheduled for my HSG on Friday, but if AF is still hanging around, I'll have to push that to next week. Hubby is going to do his SA next week (the lab only does it Monday/Tuesday between 7:30-9:00am). I've already done my CD3 bloodwork (that was a hassle). So now it's just another waiting game to see what happens. Depending on what the tests show will determine what we do next. I'm okay with trying a few months of Femara and IUIs. I think Hubby would rather just skip to adoption if something comes back abnormal. He's so ready to be a daddy, and even said so the other day. If only I could give him that news. Someday I will though.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good luck with the job you are applying for. I hope that it works out for you.