Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Neighbors Update

About 2 minutes ago, my neighbor's husband comes over to our house. (Just to clarify, I've never met the guy in my life and I had no idea who he was at first.) He asked if my husband was home to which I replied no. He then asked what time he would be home and I said 4:30 or 5. He wasn't too happy about that answer, but there's nothing I can do about his work schedule.

He then asked me if I had said something to housing about the smoke and pet urine smell. I wasn't going to lie to the guy and say no. Heck I complained in the first place because A) they're not the nicest nor most respectful neighbors, B) we've put up with their stench for way too long and C) I just don't care for them at all. I told him that yes I did tell housing about it because the odors irritated my husband's allergies really bad. He then got all defensive and said "Well, why didn't you come talk to us about it?"

Me: "I never see anyone over there." (Which is honest. They're basically hermits and I don't want to deal with them anyway. When you introduce yourself as "my dogs are going to bark and you just have to deal with it" and "don't tell housing about the cats," it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.)

Him: "My wife is always home, you could have just come over." [Yeah, I probably could have gone over there and talked to her, but seriously, would they have done anything about it? No. Plus, I would have gotten even more bombarded with their stink. eww...]

Me: "But I never see anyone home or around at all."

**insert more of this type of stuff**

Him (as he walks away): "Well, you don't have to worry about it for too much longer because we're moving."

Me (internally): Seriously?!?!?! What was that all about? But heck! They are going to be gone and maybe we'll get some nicer people in here!! Hallelujah!!

So alas, our crappy, smoking, over pet-populated, smelly neighbors will be leaving our building. I'm not sad to see them go. I'm also not sad that we won't be hearing her stupid car alarm go off at all hours of the day and night. I'm also not sad at all that we won't be getting chewed out by our motorcycles setting off that stupid car alarm anymore.

This day just got incredibly better!

Oh, and completely off topic, but spot showed up. C22 here we come!

The neighbors are moving! The neighbors are moving! The neighbors are moving! The neighbors are moving! No more cigarette smelling clothes or cat urine smelling house!! The neighbors are MOVING!!!

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

Congrats on the crappy neighbors vacating!

Sorry spot showed...I was really hoping for some good news.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Happy about the neighbors!

You may want to check out my blog...there's something there for you!

http://rain-is-raining.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

LOL!!!!! I love your stick figure guy!

What did he expect you to do? Go knock on his door and say "Um, yeah, the stench of cigarettes and cat urine are permeating my apartment. Could you kindly stop?"

And they would have ignored you anyway.

Good for you standing up for yourself!

Alexis said...

They sound like quality folks! Sounds like you will be sad to see them go. :-)

Christina said...

I wish we could get rid of our neighbors!! The girl next door actually told our office that it's perfectly fine for her to yell and scream at her boyfriend at 2am and that I should just deal with it!

Life Happens said...

Love the dancing stick figure. Hope your new neighbors will be much better!