I was so excited that I got a + OPK last week and Hubby and I got in some good BD'ing. All I was waiting for was FF to confirm my O through a temp rise. That hasn't happened. In fact, my temps went up for a couple of days, and now decided to go back down again. I'm thinking either the OPK was defective or my body is just really messed up. How frustrating!!
On a better note, Hubby and I got to experience something new yesterday. We took on the white water rapids of the Royal Gorge with a group from our church. That was an absolutely amazing time! Our group split into 2 groups - a wilder, crazier bunch, and the mellower ones. I must say I was a little nervous at first because we were hitting Class III-IV rapids and it was my first time going rafting. Once we got down river though, I had an awesome time! I wasn't getting very wet though, which somewhat surprised me. I thought that going through Class III-IV rapids meant a little wetter and a little better. Hubby on the other hand, got drenched. We were in the middle of a Class IV rapid and his feet weren't planted good enough. He toppled over the side of the raft, leaving our boat in a little bit of a panic. Our guide grabbed him and helped pull him in and he was fine. He got a little freaked the first few seconds that he was out of the raft, but I think he enjoyed the rush of adrenaline. I personally wasn't all that worried about him. Hubby tends to end up in situations like that a lot, so it's part of our lives. Plus, our guide was a really great guide and he grabbed Hubby right away and got him back in the boat. Quite the story to tell, that's for sure!
The rest of the trip went very smoothly. No more man overboards or super extreme rapids. Once we passed all of the major rapids, our guide let us slowly drift down the river. The other group met up with us and the nice easy day of rafting soon turned into an all-out splash war! Their guide goaded them on, and our guide made sure our boat was in line with theirs so we'd have a fair fight! I ended up completely drenched as did many of the others on the rafts. It was so much fun though and definitely worth the water! Hubby and I have already decided that we're going to go again sometime. We had such a great time!
1 comment:
I would love to go rafting! You are so lucky.
I would go with the OPK's instead of the temps. I had that "fall back" temperature and it never made sense to me.
Post a Comment