I can't believe I haven't posted on here in over 10 days!! And to think I was doing so well!! So now it's catch-up time once again.
On the TTC front - according to FF, I'm 13 DPO. I've temped the past few days just so I can see what's going on as far as when AF will show. If my calculations are right, she'll be making her grand appearance on Monday. Lucky me. At least this next round will consist of my slough of CD3 bloodwork as well as my HSG finally. Then back to Dr. M's office to meet with her and decide the next step. The more I think about it (depending on the test results of course), the more I'm almost wanting to do a few months of Femara with IUIs. For one, our insurance actually covers it, and two, we don't really have extra money lying around to go to an RE. That's what I'm thinking...we'll see what the tests say and what Dr. M thinks about it all.
On the non-TTC front - I have become "that neighbor." Living on a military base usually means 4-plexes. I have absolutely no problem sharing walls with the neighbors as long as their respectful and whatnot. Well, yesterday I'd had enough of our wall-neighbors. They're both smokers (which I'm okay with. What they do with their health is their own problem). Add to that 4 kids, 3 dogs, and 3 ferrel cats in a 3 bedroom house. Ever since we moved in here back in April, we've had to deal with our adjoining wall areas smelling like their cigarette smoke and their house. It's absolutely disgusting. We have to keep our bathroom doors closed to keep the smell from completely permeating our house. I also avoid the laundry area if I don't have to be there because 99% of the time it smells like cigarette smoke. The sad part - Hubby and I don't even smoke nor do we let people smoke in our house ever.
So yesterday, I called my mom to get a second opinion on it all. I asked her if she thought I should go file a complaint or what. She agreed with me that it needs to be dealt with because we shouldn't have to change our lifestyle because our neighbors are inconsiderate. I trekked over to the housing office and had a nice little chit-chat with one of the ladies there regarding it all. She wrote down everything that I told her. She made notes about the cat urine and the fact that Hubby has severe allergies to cats. She told me that she would have to discuss the situation with her manager and see what can be done about it all. She told us that one option we may be given is to move to another house, if we are open to it. I told her we just moved here in April, but I'm sure we'd be okay with it. She took my phone number and told me she'd call me back and let me know what they decide. Now I wait for her phone call. If I don't hear anything by this coming Friday, I'm going to go visit her again because I've already put up with cigarette/cat urine smells for way too long and I'm tired of it all.
Other news -
- I applied for a couple more jobs, so it's once again a waiting game.
- I've also decided to do some volunteering stuff at our church. It's only 1 day a week, but heck, it gets me out of the house!
- My sister and her new boyfriend are finally coming out here to visit us in September. I hope the weather is still halfway decent then so we can go explore new places outside.
- My uncle was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident this past week. He's doing fine amazingly. His helmet was on the back of his motorcycle instead of on his head. When will people ever learn?!?!
- I made 3 cookbooks for Hubby and I using the bagillion recipes that we've accumulated over the past 4 years. I typed them all up (using Excel and Word), and put them in page protectors then in a binder. They're pretty schnazzy and very functional, if Hubby will put the recipes back in the book when he's done with them. It took me almost 4 days to get it all done, but alas, they're beautiful and now it's so much easier to find our favorite recipes. I plan on doing the same for my mom for Christmas this year. Her recipe box is a disaster and she really liked the way I did mine. So, what's a few hours for a super cool home-made Christmas gift?
Happy Weekend everyone!
3 comments:
Ugg, they sound like rotten neighbors! I hope they are able to remedy the situation fast!
Neat idea for the cookbook!
I'm glad you complained about your neighbors because you shouldn't have to live like that!
Your neighbors are gross! I would have complained too and definitely be open to another move! Good luck with your HSG next C. It may be the turnaround you need! :)
Post a Comment