Anyways...I have somewhat good news to report. I got another referral put in for continuing my IF care and after waiting for forever, I finally have it approved. Granted, I have to go to another OB/GYN before I can get referred to an RE, but (and here's the somewhat good news!), I don't have to go to another military OB/GYN!! I was pretty psyched about that. Sure, I'd prefer to go to an RE, but with our insurance, we have to go through an OB/GYN before we can be referred on to an RE because an RE is considered to be more specialized in the field. Darn red tape crap. But to make things worse, I called a few minutes ago to set up the appointment and at first the scheduler told me the Dr. was scheduling out quite a ways. Then she said, "Wait a second, let me check something. We can actually get you in the 15th." I asked if she meant next week 15th and she told me yes. I was super psyched!! I may not be seeing an RE, but at least we won't have to waste another month or two to get the ball rolling again! I couldn't be happier, considering the cards I'm dealt.
Off the IF topic....my 4th of July was amazing! We had 6-8 (depending on the day) of our relatives join us for the weekend, and we had such a good time. Everyone arrived Friday evening and left Monday morning. Saturday though, we spent a good portion of the afternoon at the Royal Gorge, and holy cow is that worth the money you pay to get into it! We had such a great time and the view is spectacular, even if you are afraid of heights! Here's a quick glimpse (and one of my favorite photos from the day):
Gorgeous isn't it? That evening, we had 12 people at our house for a huge all-out BBQ. Sunday, we had planned a picnic at the Garden of the Gods, but we got rained out (more like poured out. The rains were incredibly heavy!!). Overall though, we had an awesome time and I got to show off my amazing cooking/baking skills!
2 comments:
I love love love the Royal Gorge! It's so much fun...do they still have a carousel on one side of it?
Congrats on them bumping you up at the OB/Gyn's office! Don't ya just love cancellations? :) GL next week!
Wow, that looks awesome! I have never even heard of that. :}
Congrats on the OB appointment. Hopefully you can get into RE very soon as well!
I'm so glad you are not going to that jerk anymore!
Post a Comment