Thursday, July 23, 2009

Seriously?!?!?!?

It's been over 3 weeks since I interviewed for that job. It took them 3 weeks AFTER the job closed to contact me for an interview. Three weeks after the interview and I was still waiting to hear back from them - either yay or nay.

Today I got my answer.

I went to the mailbox to see if the mail had even come yet (long story for another day). The only piece of mail was an envelope that had a return address of the place I interviewed for. I opened the envelope expecting something along the lines of "We apologize to inform you that the position has been filled. Try again next time." Yeah, that's so not what I got. Here's an excerpt:

"[insert business name] insituted a hiring freeze effective 7-1-09 and therefore we are not able to hire for this position at this time. ... Congratulations, we are pleased to inform you that your name is on our eligibility list. Your name will remain on the eligibility list for 6 months. ..." blah blah blah

Granted, I was grateful to finally hear something back on the position, but honestly, when I read the fact about the hiring freeze I was completely shocked. I interviewed only 2 days before that and I'm not stupid. Things like that typically don't drop out of the sky unannounced. It really makes me wonder if they knew about the hiring freeze coming down but wanted to still do the interviews just in case the economy makes a huge recovery and a position opens up in the next few months. I just can't believe that I've waited and wasted all of this time waiting to hear back from them. I could have been in another position already. ugh....

2 comments:

Erin said...

Grr, that is frustrating to say the least!

^J^ said...

Ugh, that sucks!! Hope you find a way better job.