* My DH convinced me to take a motorcycle safety course. I completed it and actually made him believe that I failed (even though I passed it all!). I later told him the truth when we went out to eat for our half anniversary.
* Later that same week, we bought my very first bike. It's a Yamaha V-Star 650 and it's pearl white in color. So far I've only been on a couple of rides, but it sure is fun! Here's a quick snapshot:

* I finally heard back on 2 of my 3 job apps. For one of the positions, I got a nice letter saying that even though my application was superb, there were others with more experience so basically I wasn't even going to get an interview for that one. The other, I had an interview for yesterday. I think it went well, but only time will tell. The last one, yup...haven't heard a dang thing on it yet. I'm not holding my breath.
* We have grass in our backyard finally. We broke down and purchased sod so it looks nice for the upcoming holiday weekend. The new grass that I planted in our front yard was coming up beautifully. Then, the base landscapers came through and shaved it down. I was less than impressed. They're no longer allowed to mow the grass in our yard. I did not do all that work for them to destroy it within a matter of seconds. Not to mention they didn't even mow all the grass - just the new grass area.
* The hubby and I finally stocked our fish tanks. One is pure cichlids and the other is a mixture of zebra danios and a betta. Keeps us interested at least.
* I chopped about 6 inches off my hair last week. Haven't had it this short in awhile, but I like it.
* My body is whacked. I thought AF was visiting, but only her cousin has been tormenting me. My temps are all over the place and every 4-5 days, I'll have 3-4+ days of spotting. That's all I've had. It's so frustrating.
* I talked to the referral office at my clinic and asked them what I needed to do to see another OB/GYN. Long story short, I had to have my doctor put in another referral for me. So the process starts all over again.
* The hubby and I decided to do a life insurance policy for me. We did all the paperwork then found out that they need a letter from a physician stating that my weight is normal for me (not necessarily for my height). Since I'm underweight, they just need proof that I'm normally underweight (I've never been anywhere near the recommended weight for my height). My doctor here told me he didn't feel comfortable writing it because I'm underweight. (Um...hello!! That's why I need the letter!). So I've had to contact my previous physician and that's been a headache all of its own.
* In 3 days, our house will go from spacious to crowded. We have 6 of our family members joining us for the holiday weekend, and it's hopefully going to be a great time! We have some outings/touristy stuff planned, so I'm hoping that everyone will enjoy it. Bring on the tons of food! haha
* I've finally gotten to meet some of my hubby's coworkers. It's great to see who the hubby has to put up with everyday. They are a crazy group of guys...that's all I'll say.
* This place is messed up really bad. We were told one thing when we moved in, and now it's suddenly changed (although they claim it hasn't). Stupid places can't keep things straight and then make the residents suffer for it. Ugh...
Okay...that's the latest scoop. I'm seriously going to try to write more frequently instead of once a month! No promises though!
2 comments:
Wow you have definitely had your hands full! Love the bike!
Good to hear something from you again. Hope you have fun with all the family you'll have there.
Post a Comment