So, last week I had posted a bunch of goals for myself for this cycle. With AF expected on Monday, I thought I'd take a minute to see just how well I did!
Here were my goals:
· This cycle, I will not overly obsess over my temps on FF. Yeah...I didn't really do this. The whole temp drop for 3 days then jetting back up threw me off though. I did however, look back at some of my other charts that had short luteal phases to see if my temps were indicative of another short LP so I would know about when I'd need to get my Clomid prescription filled.
· I will not search for charts on FF that are similar to mine to see if this cycle could possibly end in a BFP. Not to worry. I didn't. Scouts honor. Although I found it extremely tempting!!
· I promise not to over-analyze every single symptom that may hit me, no matter what it is. I've had so many problems and weird things going on with my body lately, that I wouldn't even know if it would have been a pregnancy symptom (although highly unlikely), or just something else going on.
· No matter what happens with this cycle, I will not get upset or seriously down in the dumps if it doesn't go the way I want it to go. Definitely not planning on doing this because I know that this next cycle, we have a much better shot, depending on when I O.
· Depending on my temps, I will not POAS until I am at least 16 DPO. If I make it this far, I would be shocked. But I promise I'm not going to test tomorrow either, despite being 14 DPO. I'm expecting AF to show her face on Monday-ish.
· At work, I will not use my cycle/pregnancy wheel to figure out what the possible due date would be if in fact DH and I do get a BFP. This was so incredibly tempting, but I promise I resisted the urge to line up the lines and see where the 40 week mark would be if we were to get a BFP.
· I will continue to exercise 3 times a week no matter what. Done! I'm really starting to love going to the gym. I need to find a good routine to do though.
· I will not deprive myself of certain things just because I am in the 2ww. Instead, I will do/eat/drink things in moderation. (not alcohol though, of course. But then again, I'm not a drinker anyways.) I gave into my cravings I must say.
· DH will not be allowed to obsess over this cycle either. (I don't think he knows I even O'd. He obsesses more than most of us on this board!) I just told DH yesterday that I O'd this cycle. I also informed him that I didn't tell him because he obsesses more over the cycle than the ladies on the TTC boards on WebMD! He just simply said that he just wants to know what's going on. Yeah...understandable. But asking me everyday what my temp did that morning, rubbing my belly and asking if there's a baby in there, and being overly precautious about doing things (are you sure you can do this if you're pregnant?) sometimes gets a little tiresome.
· I will go shopping for new clothes during the 2ww (ones that fit me now, not fit me later). Definitely did this one! Old Navy had some amazing Clearance sales!!
· I will try to relax and not stress while the 2ww goes by (well, technically a 9 day wait now). I was never stressed about my cycle for once. I like the "just take it easy" mindset. Helped me to focus on other things in my life.
· If I do find myself getting stressed, I will take a moment to step back and begin to focus on other aspects of our lives (like our huge move in 3 months!) Didn't have to worry about this one too much. I'm more excited about quitting my job in 4 weeks and moving than anything else!! Although I'm sure a BFP would top it all off! haha
· If I crave Cold Stone ice cream, I will give in to my temptations, no matter the temperature outside! Okay, so I so wanted Cold Stone on Tuesday. I didn't get it though. I had running around to do on my lunch hour, and my coworker really wanted Starbucks, so she treated us both to Starbucks. I should have gotten myself Cold Stone instead...
*Whew* That sure took forever to update. But there it is. Overall, not too shabby.
1 comment:
You did great with your goals!!! I tried to make the gym a priority and I did really well when I was on vacation from work and then it was downhill from there. Good luck with this next cycle!
Post a Comment