Thursday, January 8, 2009

4 more days

So there is an end in sight to this taking a break from the baby-making! In 4 days, my wonderful hubby will be back home! I'm so excited, yet a little stressed. There's so much I need to try and get done before he gets home. The house is a mess and I still have the Christmas decorations sitting in the middle of the dining room! This weekend though, since I may be snowed in yet again, I'm going to get things taken care of. After all, he's coming home on Monday sometime and I want this place to be spic and span (or at least as close to it as I can get it!)

On to other topics...I have made myself go to the gym this week. I went on Tuesday and Wednesday and plan on returning tomorrow as well. My goal is to get my high school cheerleader body back. I was so in shape back then! I had a 6-pack and then some, and my legs and arms were so toned. Not that I've put on weight and look horrible now. I just want to be toned from head to toe once again. I'm going to try and make it to the gym at least 3 times a week. I'm going to check into some of the fitness classes they offer there and see if there's one that I can make it to. On Tuesdays, they have a hip-hop class, so maybe I'll go to that one. I'm a huge fan of dancing (I was a teaching assistant in Ballroom dance at college for 2 years), and I've always wanted to learn hip-hop dancing. So what better way to satisfy 3 cravings?

I'm on my way to being healthier! My nutritionist showed me a website to help me track my calories, SparkPeople, and I have been hooked. It's so easy to use, and although most of the people on there are trying to lose weight, they're really supportive of you, no matter what! When I joined a group on there, I told them I was there to gain weight and that they probably already hated me (most people are jealous of my size 1 body...). They were quick to refute that and said that everyone was welcomed there, no matter what they used the website for. Now, if only my 2800-3000 calorie a day diet would help me put some weight back on...

On Monday I go for a check-up with my doctor and my nutritionist. I already know they won't be too impressed with my progress as far as weight gain. From what I can tell, I haven't put on any weight in the past 5 weeks. In fact, I think I may have actually lost weight, despite my enormous calorie intake. I'm still waiting on some lab results to see if there is a medical reason as to why I have spells of nausea and loss of appetite as well as the weight loss. It's such a headache right now. I don't know what I can and can't eat. ugh...

So, a not-so-short update of the past couple of weeks and the future few days. I'm really trying to get better at blogging too... I guess that's another New Year's resolution I didn't make.

No comments: