Tuesday, March 15, 2011

News to Share

I'm thinking our families will find out either tomorrow or Thursday about our big news!  Through the use of Shu.tter.fl.y, we created pregnancy announcement cards for each of our immediate family members and our grandmothers.  We finally got them in the mail on Monday, and mailed them off right away!  I can't wait to hear their reactions!! 

DH is dying to tell everyone.  I told him he could share the news with the guys he works with, but he doesn't want the news to show up on his facebo.ok page, so he's keeping quiet.  He wants to tell everyone at church, but I'm not too keen on that idea.  With the other young couples at church, it seems to be a huge competition for who can have babies the fastest!  It's very frustrating, and I really don't want to get caught up in that whole drama any sooner than I absolutely have to.  I'm thinking at the earliest, we'll share with them after we're a couple of weeks into the second tri.  A lot depends on how soon these babies really start to pop. 

The more I feel my belly and look at it, the more I realize that what I thought of earlier as a baby-bump, was really just pudge.  There's starting to be a little more definition between baby "bump" and belly pudge.  My pants are getting tighter by the day, and I've already had to retire a couple of pairs of jeans and dress pants.  Last night I measured my belly (how doctors do it - from belly button to pelvic bone), and I'm definitely measuring more than 9 cm, which is good (The measurement from belly button to pelvic bone should equal the number of weeks you are.).  That means these babies are growing!

Since we found out about our twins, I've done some research as far as pregnancy books for those pregnant with twins.  There are plenty of books about singleton pregnancies, but I know that twins is a whole new ball game.  I found a book When You'r.e Ex.pecti.ng Twins, Triplets, or Quads, and holy cow, it's a godsend!  The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that I nearly have to double my pre-pregnancy weight since I started this whole pregnancy about 17 pounds underweight.  EEK!!!  I know it's all going to be for the babies, but 50-65 pounds sure sounds like a heck of a lot!!

As for other news...I'm really not liking my job at all.  I figured it out today, and there's probably 5 1/2 - 6 months left there, and then I'm done.  Today my "boss" decided to give me some of her work as she was walking out the door.  Mind you, this was something that should have been taken care of yesterday, but I'm guessing she didn't want to take care of it.  I never got around to it because I was working on another project (oh darn).  And to top it all off, there's no communication from her to me, and she has increasingly taken away more and more of my duties because she thinks I have too much to do.  I figured it out last night, and there are five tasks that I have to complete each week, and 3 out of those take less than 20 minutes.  So I get paid for 20 hours of work when realistically I only do maybe 5 hours of work.  It absolutely sucks.

3 comments:

M said...

What a fun way to announce!! I didn't even think about making pg announcement cards. Enjoy getting all those fun reactions!!

About the measuring... The doctor actually measures from the top of the pubic bone to the fundus (top) of the uterus. Happy measuring!!

M said...

Oh and I can totally relate about the weight thing. Before A I was only 117 lbs (not enough since I'm 5'10" but it's just the way I've always been) so I was really worried about gaining enough weight. I'm not sure if you are the same way as far as being able to eat anything and not put on a pound but it will come. Your body just knows what to do, it's crazy!! A large bowl of ice cream every night helps too ;)

gabsy said...

Since our families live a ways away, we wanted them to find out in a cute way instead of just a simple phone call or text message. Plus, these will be the first grand babies for my family, and the second and third for DH's family. It'll make a cute keepsake too since it has our ultrasound pics of the twins on the inside as well as our due date (not that we'll probably make it to October, but we can always hope!)

I have amazingly gained a few pounds so far (first time in a long time!). Normally, I can eat whatever and not gain an ounce (trust me..I was eating 3000+ calories a day and didn't gain anything over a 3 month period). As long as the babies are healthy and I'm healthy, I'll be happy!