Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have the best RE & nurse!

Yesterday, my RE finally called after reviewing my ultrasound report from last Friday.  He was just as surprised with our twins as we were!!  He said that we were that 1 in 1000 that has this happen.  We had a nice chat and he congratulated me and DH on our news.  Even though I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was smiling from ear to ear!  He went on to say that it was a good thing we decided to wait those extra 2 days (we did a 5dt with a single blast instead of a 3dt with 2 embryos) because otherwise I could have ended up with triplets or quads, and I'd be in a heap of trouble.  As far as he can tell, he said I shouldn't have any problems, and I should deliver 2 strong healthy babies! 

I also emailed the nurse who was a god-send through this all.  I hadn't heard from her in a few days (very strange), and figured she was out of the office but I wanted her to know too!  I got this email back from her :  "Congratulations x 2.....these are your little miracles. Everyone is very excited...[...]I hope they have yours and your husbands personalities because you 2 are delightful people and I was so blessed to be a part of this exciting time with you.  [...] I hope your dog babies are ready for this...keep me updated and I will keep checking on you....get ready to grow a belly...I bet you will start to show pretty fast."  (which I'm debating if I'm showing yet or if it's just pudge from the few extra pounds I've gained.  It's all below my belly button which is typically where babies first emerge when pregnant.  I haven't decided though.  The jury's still out.

I love to see/hear that kind of thing!  It really makes me feel like more of a person than just a statistic or another patient. I'm sure that if we lived closer to there, there would have been hugs and tears all around!  I'm hoping we can make a trip down that way once the twins are born so they can see what they helped create.  I'm definitely going to be sending pictures once they're born!

Another funny story...on Wednesdays after youth group, we always go out to eat somewhere (fast-food like So.nic, M.c.Dona.lds, Ja.ck in the B.o.x, etc.).  Last night DH and I were sitting at a table with the youth pastor waiting for the kids to get their orders, and his son was making a fuss about the fact that they weren't standing in line and he was starving.  We got talking about "some people's kids," and then, out of nowhere, the youth pastor said to us, "I wish you guys have twins."  I seriously busted a gut internally.  We haven't told him yet, but for him to say that is hilarious.  I can't wait to see his face when he does find out.  I'm sure I'll reference last night's convo when we do break the news to him!

Thank you ladies once again!  The news has finally settled in, and we're on the hunt for twin baby everything.  It's funny because when we thought it was just one baby, we had so much stuff picked out that we liked/loved, but now that it's twins, it's a whole new ballgame!!

No comments: