Monday, February 7, 2011

A SuperBowl Weekend to Remember

First off, I've got to say that it was a really great game last night!  Although I'm not a Pac.kers fan, I was cheering for them, and I was super excited they won!!  My other thoughts...Nationa.l Anthe.m.  Yeah.  If you're going to sing on national TV at the SB, you had better at least know the words!  Unlike most people, I enjoyed the halftime show!  I know there were technical difficulties and some lighting issues, but compared to the past few shows they've had, I really liked it!

Aside from that, I was texting my sister's boyfriend, and found out that he's going to propose in 2 weeks!!  He's letting me in on the scheming and helping him work things out with my dad.  I couldn't be happier!  To be honest, I wasn't sure my sister would ever get married.  She came close once (and called it off, thank goodness), but she has quite a few little quirks that takes a special kind of person to deal with.  Well, she finally found a good one!  Her BF is gonna talk to my dad this weekend when they're back visiting, and then the following week, he's going to ask her!  I think I'm just as excited as they are.

And in other news...

After nearly 4 years TTC, 6 different doctors,  6 months of Clomid, 2 HSGs, and way too many lab tests and ultrasounds to count....

*TRIGS*

I'm guessing you can figure it out based on the TRIGS, but yesterday morning, I caved and decided to POAS.  It took a little bit, but alas, there it was...a beautiful blue second line.  Yesterday I was 8dp5dt (13 dpo).  I don't know why, but I just couldn't be super excited.  It was the first time in my life I've ever seen a second line on a HPT, so I should have been bouncing off the walls.  But I wasn't.  Today though, I tested again with a FRER and that second line showed up just as fast as the control line.  Today, the excitement is definitely there.  It's almost like I needed that second confirmation for me to be truly excited!  Here are my tests (the first one is from yesterday):


Woo-hoo!!!  Tomorrow is my beta, so I can't wait to hear what my number is.  My EDD is somewhere near October 17-19, depending on which date you use.  I can't believe that we're finally going to have a baby if all goes well!  :)

Yesterday was a wonderful day that I will always remember.  My sister's going to get engaged, the packers won the superbowl, and we're having a baby!!

Now to figure out when and how to tell the families...  It won't be for at least a few more weeks, but I want to be super creative in telling them!

5 comments:

Allison said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Tanya said...

First off, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Also, I totally agree with you on the Nat Anthem and the 1/2 time show...

Heres hoping for a strong, happy & Healthy 9 mos!

Julie said...

Congrats!

elephantscanremember said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats!