Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February rocks!

First off, thanks everyone!  This whole month has been super exciting for me and my hubby, and I'm sure it'll be one that we'll always remember.

February started with us finding out we were finally expecting after nearly 4 years of TTC.  This year's Super Bowl will definitely be one we remember because of it.

Also that day, I learned my sister's boyfriend was going to pop the question!  I helped him scheme and as of this past Sunday, they are officially getting married!  They're looking at an August wedding (yeah...like 6 months from now).  I'm super happy for her and hope this planning goes by smoothly for them.

I've also been accepted into college once again.  I'm probably crazy wanting to go back to school right before our first baby will be born, but I can handle quite a bit, so I'm hoping things will go smoothly during that time.  Because I have a previous degree, I've had a ton of extra things to do in order to get accepted and get into the program I want.  It's been a lot of extra leg work, but it'll all be worth it in the end, I hope!

And the other exciting news...while we were in Texas, a good friend of mine kept in touch with me during the whole thing.  She's one of a couple of people that know we went through IVF, and has been very supportive of us through it all.  Once we returned, her and her hubby wanted to meet us for lunch at a restaurant here in town.  We set up a time and day and looked forward to catching up with them.  We got the surprise of our lives.  Long story short, they are also a part of our church's small group, but have recently started to feel a little like outcasts, like we have felt.  Her confidence with one person was betrayed, and it hurt her quite a bit.  Add to that super-baby fever (there are 3 other women in our group that are expecting) and it's just been a headache for her.

Well, as lunch proceeded, she and her hubby opened up to us that they had been TTC for the past year and were having problems.  They were pregnant previously (they got pregnant in the first few months of trying), but lost the baby at 15 weeks.  Well, through the tears, she shared that she and her husband were finally expecting, and only a few days ahead of DH and I.  I was so happy!  I had my suspicions that they were trying, but she's a pretty private person (like me) when it comes to stuff like this.  Her and I both agreed that if we were to be pregnant with someone else in our Small Group, we'd want it to be each other.  She found out the day before us that they were expecting and couldn't wait to tell us!  They're not telling anyone for quite some time, so I think maybe we'll try to keep our news quiet too.  As it turns out, they're due 8 days before us, and I'm just as excited for her as I am for us! 

So as for me, next week, we have our first appointment (just paperwork stuff really), and then next friday, we have our first ultrasound.  So much going on in such a short time!  We can't wait!

No comments: