So this past week...Monday we had a chest freezer (late Christmas gift) delivered to our house, so that pretty much blew my morning. I got a little bit of unpacking done, but not too much. Tuesday was my cleaning day. I had to drop paperwork off at the housing office and asked for a cleaning list for the old house. Since they will soon be tearing down our old house, I thought it'd be a pretty skate cleaning list. Yeah right!! We literally had to scrub everything from top to bottom in the old house - walls, bathrooms, appliances, light fixtures, window blinds, windows - you name it, I'm sure I cleaned it! I was less than impressed. The appliances I could understand - they like to have extras on hand as replacements if they ever need them. But scrubbing the walls? What difference does that make if they won't even move anyone in there?!? I was a little perturbed by the whole thing. Plus, to make things worse, I had no idea how thorough they are when they do inspections. At our last base, the lady was very thorough and I knew and expected it when we had our final house inspections. Here...yeah not so much. I cleaned the old house to our last base's standards, but later learned (on Thursday) that I could have probably done half the work and still been fine. I know for next time!
So that was a majority of my week - cleaning! We've gradually unpacked a few boxes here and there, but there's still quite a bit to do. That will be my day today, hopefully.
As for other news...
- I learned that the surgery center where I had my Lap doesn't have a copy of my surgery photos. Apparently, the computer system that they uses begins to copy over photos after it reaches a total of 200. It took them over 3 weeks to find that out and then I had to call and find it out for myself. So now I have wasted 3 weeks of my time waiting for non-existent surgery photos. I emailed Dr. K. to let him know that the only copy is with Dr. M and they aren't allowed to release them to me for some odd reason. We'll see what happens with that.
- My 28-year-old sister called me this past week and bawled and complained like a little junior high girl. The reason? She claimed my mother told my brother's friend that she didn't like her and blah blah blah. My sister is such a drama queen sometimes. Heck, she wasn't even talking to my mom or brother for a few days. She has since returned to talking to my brother, but won't even bother to call my mom. How childish is that?!?!
- Hubby will be leaving soon. :'( He has to go to training at 2 different locations, so he'll be in and out of here for the next month or so. He'll be gone for about 10 days, back for maybe a week, then gone for another week or two. Then, home for a couple of weeks then gone for 6 months. It sucks, but I'll manage. I have the past 4 times, I'm sure I can make due this time too!
- I've had the privilege of meeting a few more wives here on base. Our new neighbor's hubby is deployed and she will be moving in a couple of months. She seems incredibly nice and bubbly and definitely a fun person to be around! The other wife, I haven't really "met" (I don't really know her name), but she is actually our old almost-neighbor. She lives in a building right next to our old house, and we shared neighboring spots in the carport. Thursday night, we stood outside and talked for quite awhile and I never realized how nice she really is! She has a 19-month old girl and is expecting another girl in a few months. Once I get settled in, I think I'll make the oh-so-long walk over to her house and spend some time with her. She's a stay-at-home-mom whose husband works insanely long hours (every other day, he works 24 hours).
- Last night, Hubby and I went to see 2012 with the youth group. That was not quite what I was expecting! I actually really enjoyed it!! It's Day After Tomorrow meets Speed - action packed and such a great movie!
- Also speaking of the youth group, I've kinda joined the youth group worship team. My first week singing with them and I had to lead the very first song. It went really well! This past week, we had a new worship leader with us and I don't think the band has ever sounded so good! I can't wait to see what happens with the group.
1 comment:
I am glad you are settling in. It's crazy you had to clean that other place up if they are going to tear it down.
When we moved from our place on post when he was in the Army, the lady that checked us out was a stickler. She said, "See how it jumps out at you?" about every little spot. We had to dust the floor boards and base boards over and over again. We stayed an extra day to get it done. It was maddening!
I hope you make some great friends very soon.
Post a Comment