Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why did I bother even telling her?

My mother and I weren't really all that close when I was growing up.  As time continues on, our relationship has strengthened (I think it's cuz I'm the only normal kid in my family!  haha).  But anyways, I decided I should probably tell her about my upcoming Lap.  I know she'd be mad if she found out afterwards, so I chose to share it.  However, none of our families know we are TTC, so she only knows part of the story.  Basically, I told her that I had to have surgery because my doctor thinks I have endo (part true).  I told her it was based on my irregular, heavy cycles and painful periods (part true as well).  She knows nothing about the real true IF reason for me having the Lap.

Ever since I told her that last Tuesday, she's called a few times to ask us if we need her to come out and help after my surgery.  Her main concern is me taking care of our two fur-babies.  I've informed her that I'll most likely be out only a couple of days and we really won't need her help too much.  I told her that most likely the worst pain will be the gas pains in my shoulder (moreso than normal since I'm such a tiny person).  I've also told her that Hubby will be home during that time and will be able to help out.  We'll be fine without her.  Not to mention that her spending gas money and driving 12 hours one way just to come help out with a few minor things doesn't make a lot of sense.  Besides, my dogs spend most of their days sprawled out on the floor sleeping the day away (they're pretty lazy).  So I think now the count is up to at least 3-4 times that I've assured her we'll be fine and she doesn't need to come out to help.  It's an outpatient procedure and I'll be doped up on Darvocet.  Hubby and I will be fine.  He has a few days off (perfect work schedule timing) and we will manage.  I love her to death and appreciate her willingness to come out and help, but I don't see the point in spending over $100 in gas (they have a gas guzzler) just to come help for a day.  Not to mention, she'd have to make arrangements for her jobs, and they could really use that money.

Now I'm wishing I didn't even mention a thing to her.  Hubby's family doesn't know about the surgery, and I'm thinking maybe we'll keep it that way.  His sister is a nurse and also thinking (if not currently) about TTC soon.  I'm fairly certain that she could put 2 and 2 together and our secret wouldn't be a secret much longer.

As for other stuff, the HSG really messed up my already messed up cycles.  My last two (since the HSG) have been 18 and 19 days, respectfully.  I'm hoping the Lap helps to straighten things out a little.  Short cycles = no O = no chance at a BFP = super discouraged/frustrated gabsy.

But I'm all set for Monday.  I've got my "pharmacy" stocked with pain meds and other goodies to hopefully help me heal quickly and with no problems.  I've contacted the surgery center and answered a bunch of questions for the anesthesiologist and feel like I'm mentally prepared for it as well.  Hubby's ready for it too.  Last night, he was preparing his lunch for work today and he said, "Guess what?  Tomorrow's Saturday!  Do you know what that means?"  I replied, "Only 2 more days until my surgery!"  to which he responded, "And that means that our chances of fertility go through the roof!"

I love my Hubby.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I think I love your hubby too, but just not in the same since...just that he is good to you!!! I wish you luck! I think the gas pains are what got me to..

elephantscanremember said...

You do have a great dh!

I hope everything gets fixed and you get a bfp on your first cycle back.

Erin said...

I hope everything goes very smoothly for you! I had a lap too years ago.

Anonymous said...

What a good hubby... Goodluck on the lap and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Christina said...

Good luck with your surgery! You'll be totally fine. I had the gas pains for about a day but they were no where as bad as I thought they'd be.