Yesterday was my pre-op. Basically I went in, discussed the surgery and possible risks/complications, signed the papers, peed in a cup, and was on my way! Short and simple. The nurse gave me another list of post-surgery do's and do not's. I noticed that one very important thing was different compared to the list I received in the mail from the surgery center. The one from the surgery center said nothing in the vagina for 6 weeks (including tampons). The one my doctor's office gave me said 2 weeks. Knowing my Hubby's dissappointment with the 6 week guideline, I questioned Dr. M about it all. She informed me that it was only 2 weeks since they won't be doing anything to my cervix. She also went on to say that she wants me to have sex! (Umm...insert a look of shock on my face. I never pictured her to be one to say stuff like that!) She told me that she wants me to get pregnant, and you have to have sex in order for that to be a possibility. I just laughed. I truly like my doctor. Her attitude and personality make this whole IF thing a little bit easier. Plus, she's such a go-get-em person and doesn't want to waste any time with treatments and whatnot.
Now I'm one step closer. I have to get my pain med prescription filled and pick up a few things from Wal-Mart, but other than that, I'm all ready to go! Let the countdown begin! A little over 4 days to go!
2 comments:
Good luck! I wouldn't say the lap is a breeze, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected. Just be prepared to be lazy for a few days at least! And make sure hubby is prepared to wait on you hand and foot! :)
(((HUGS)))
Good luck and I will be thinking about you! Are you nervous?
Post a Comment