Monday, September 21, 2009

Updates: Long post...

I've been so crazy busy lately, I've completely neglected blog-world!!  So here's another bulleted update list from gabsy:

  • The HSG was a breeze and shortly after, AF came for another visit.  It was completely unexpected, but that's okay.
  • I have my Lap scheduled for next Monday!  Tomorrow I go for my pre-op and I have no idea what (if any) questions to ask.  Maybe I should think about that some...
  • Not temping is driving me bonkers.  I'm such a control freak at times, and not knowing what my body is or isn't doing is making me go mad.  I know Hubby likes it better when I don't temp, but since my cycles are so erratic and unpredictable, temping makes me feel a little more in control.  *sigh*  decisions...decisions...
  • Hubby was supposed to go out of town for a few weeks for his job.  We had to buy him almost completely new wardrobe.  So, about $700 later, he was all set to go.  He had his bags packed and everything.  Two days before he was supposed to leave (actually, it was less than 36 hours), he was informed that he didn't have to go anymore.  Boy was I not happy.  I can think of a heck of a lot more ways to spend $700 than on clothes for my hubby.  Granted, we shouldn't have to get him any clothes for a long time, but still...with having only a single income at the moment, $700 is a lot.
  • My sister and her new boyfriend (of 3 months) came out to visit us.  We enjoyed Sev.en F.alls and the Den.ver Zoo while they were here.  The weather was crappy, icky, rainy, cold, but we all survived somehow.  We surprised my sister with a birthday cake too.  She's now the big 2-8!  Her boyfriend is something...I'm not quite sure what to say.  Ideally, he's not the kind of guy I can see her with, but apparently, they've already discussed possibly getting married and whatnot.  Talk about moving fast!!  Jeepers!!  Not to mention, he's fresh out of a divorce, and the custody situation isn't even finalized yet.  It's her life, I keep having to tell myself.  Personally, he's not my #1 pick by any means.
  • Farm.Ville on Face.book has become my new addiction.  Thanks to Hubby, I'm so obsessed, it's ridiculous!  I plant crops according to what my schedule will be for the day, and I'll wait until a certain time to do something because I have to harvest a crop!  I think there should be a support group.
  • I've started to check up less and less on the Web.MD boards.  I used to be super addicted to that too.  Lately though, there's so many new people on there.  It's sometimes hard to keep up with what everyone is going through, and I just lost a little bit of interest.  Plus, I feel that I'm in a little different place than some of them, so it just feel awkward at times.  
  • I had a job interview a couple weeks ago.  Since I hadn't heard anything back on it as of yet, I emailed the lady.  Come to find out, they're still waiting for the requisition for the position.  She's hoping to hear something in the next week or two.  Realisitically, it may take a bit longer than that.
  • The bad neighbors are finally on their way out.  Last week, they had a moving truck at their place, and I see their trash heap is growing by the hour.  Yee-haw!!
  • For those who watch UFC, this new season of the Ultimate Fighter is going to be amazing!  I just know it.  Plus, one of the contestants went to the same school as me, so he's definitely my pick for this year.  He needs some work on his stand-up, but his ground game is pretty decent.  Guess that will happen when you've been wrestling from a very young age.
  • Yesterday, we took Hubby's car in to have an oil change, tire rotation, brake check, and check out the check engine light that has been on for a few days.  Our appointment was at 2:00.  At 3:00, the car was still sitting in the parking lot, waiting to be serviced.  Around 4:45, the guy said we were done, and he was reviewing the charges with us.  He didn't mention an oil change at all, so we asked him about it.  He seemed a little shocked and said he'd get the car back right away and do that quick for us.  Shortly before 5:00, the car was finally done.  (Yeah...3 hours at an auto service place is not a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon...).  He took $20 off the total since it was such a long wait.  I was less than impressed.  Especially since we also found out that a stupid squirrel chewed through one of the connections for the oxygen sensor (hence the check engine light), and now that needs to be replaced.  Also to add to that list, the brake rotors need to be replaced and the rack and pinion is leaking.  The car is only 4 years old and the list of things to be fixed on it are horrible!  It seems like every time we take it in for a simple oil change, our bill also includes some pretty expensive other fixes.  Needless to say, we will most likely be getting a different vehicle towards the end of the year.  At least our vehicles are paid off right now...
I think that's about all for now.  I'll try to post an update tomorrow after my pre-op with Dr. M.

I told you this was a long one!!  :)

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I, too, am addicted to FB Farmville, if you want to add me as a friend/neighbor, my name is listed as Tanya Johnson Spivey

Misty Dawn said...

About time you updated. LOL

Hope your lap goes well, let us know the outcome. ((HUGS))

Julie said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are moving along with your testing. Sorry about your car having so many problems.