Wow....two posts in one day!!
I thought something was a little fishy with our mail delivery here. But then I thought maybe it was that the items just took longer to get here. Now, I know differently...somewhat.
Since we moved, I figured it'd be great to have a phone book for the new city, especially since it's about 10 times larger than where we used to live. The day we arrived, DH and I went to the library and I put in an order for a new phone book. I got a confirmation email and everything. It stated that the book would arrive in 7-10 business days. Five weeks later, it still hadn't arrived, so I called the customer service number I had in the email. The lady looked up the order status and said it had been mailed April 22. She agreed that it was odd that it hadn't arrived yet, and put in another order for me. She even went as far to tell me that if it didn't arrive in 7-10 business days to call her back and they'd find another way to mail it to me. I was super impressed with her willingness to help me out, and now I am back to waiting for the phone book once again.
Over 2 weeks ago, I placed an order for new checks. Since they still haven't arrived, I stopped at the bank and had them check on the status of the order for me. Heck, we paid good money for those things and with our account information printed directly on them, I want those checks dangit!! The guy looked up the order information and told me that it was shipped May 13. Now I know it only takes at most 5 days to get the order, although typically we'll receive it 2 days after it's shipped. Even with Memorial day in there, we still should have received it long before now.
So, I turned to the post office. I told him the situation and he said he's going to talk to the carrier we have here and see if they can figure things out and he'll get back to me. I'll give him to Tuesday, and if I haven't heard anything by then, he's getting another call from me. I'm more concerned about the checks than the phone book, but I'd still like to know what's happening to our mail.
Oh, and another thing, not related to mail. Where we live, they have the landscaping contracted out to another business. I called them last week and left a message regarding laying sod in our yard. Yup, no one called me back at all, so I called them again today. I was a little curt on the second message that I had to leave for them, and I'll give them probably until Tuesday again to respond, then I'll probably go above their heads. It's ridiculous the customer service they DON'T provide to the people here. Thank goodness I know the right people to get this taken care of in a timely manner once I set the ball in motion. And heck, if I have to do that, they are going to pay for the sod that they will put down in our yard for us. It's not our fault we don't have grass in our yard, and we've already spent enough money trying to get things to look halfway decent here. I'm not going to spend another $300+ on sod that should have been put down 2 months ago - before we even moved in. Why can't people just answer the dang phone?? If they try to make us pay for this, I'm gonna be livid. We shouldn't have to do that, especially after jumping through hoops just to try and get in touch with them!!
Ok....maybe I'm a little PMSy-ish. Either way, this stuff just irritates me to no end.
No comments:
Post a Comment