Thursday, July 28, 2011

Checking In...

Here I am just past the third-tri mark.  This time has flown by so incredibly fast.  I've managed to gain about 32 pounds so far, so I'm doing great.  For me, my adjusted weight gain range is 42-52 pounds, so I have some leeway over the next few weeks.  I'm measuring right on and our little girl seems to keep growing so I'm happy.

A couple of weeks ago I had my first baby shower.  A lot of people weren't able to make it, but a bunch of people sent gifts or cards, so our little girl made off like a bandit.  We got a bunch of clothes, and feeding stuff (spoons, bottles, snack holders, etc.).  We got quite a few blankets too, which will be great since Aubrey is due in October.  Some good friends of ours sent items from our registry and shocked the heck out of me.  They bought us probably $100 worth of stuff!! 

In a couple of weeks, my preggo friend (due 8 days before me) and I are having a double baby shower.  I'm hoping a few more things get purchased from our registries, but we'll see.  A note for those who have baby showers to attend...if at all possible, buy from the registries.  There's a reason we set them up.  Granted, there's always something that we don't think about that may be super vital to raising a baby, or may just be super de duper cute, but honestly, I absolutely love it when we get stuff for our little girl from our registries.  Heck, we spent a lot of time researching and deciding what we'd like to have, so technically we made it easy for people to shop, right??  JMO...

Okay..off the soapbox!  haha

I'm almost completely done with the diaper cake for my preggo friend.  I just have a couple of finishing touches to put on it and it'll be finished!  Once I get it done, I'll post pictures.  Now if only I could find the energy to get her baby blanket done too, I'll be in great shape!

Update on work:  the intern that was helping over the summer is basically done with her internship.  What does that mean for me?  That's a darned good question.  My doc said it's okay if I work 40 hours a week, but I'd prefer to keep it well under that.  I haven't had a chance to discuss it with my boss yet, but we'll see what happens.  There isn't anyone else yet in the office, so I have a feeling I'll be sucked into 40 hours.  Who knows.  Maybe they'll figure something out and I can get a few afternoons off.  Fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

^J^ said...

Hope your other showers went good!! You are getting so close now...Aubrey is such a cute name too!