Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shopping Excursion!

Today I went shopping...baby shopping!  But not for me and Hubby....I went super early shower shopping for my friend who is due 8 days before me.  I've decided to secretly crochet her a baby blanket, but for the shower itself, I'm going to make a diaper cake and put stuff on/in it from her registry.  Granted, I love making stuff, and since she's a pretty close friend, I figured I may as well go all out, right?  The baby blanket will be a secret gift that I give her when there aren't friends from church there (I don't want there to be a jealousy issue.  I made one for another friend, but told the girls if they all expect one from me, they can't all get pregnant at the same time.  They all did, so no blankets for them.)

The worst part of this all??  My friend registered for so much super cute stuff, I just want to buy it all!!  (I love baby shopping for others...heck shopping for others in general!!)  When I made the first diaper cake a couple years ago, I just bought stuff that I knew babies needed.  This time, as an expectant mother myself, I've decided to buy off her registry.  She does have quite a few less than $5 items, that would fit perfectly in and on the diaper cake, so I've decided to go with that.  I'm using diapers she registered for, and will try to top it all off with either ladybug or tulip ribbon (her favorites).  I think we're going to have a double shower sometime in August, so I know I'm way ahead of the game, but then again, my hubby reminded me that I may just want to get the stuff now before someone else buys it.  Then I know I can get what she wants and make something super cute out of it all!  I can't wait to get started!!

As for me...I'm doing well, and my little girl is super active!  This morning I was lounging on the couch, and my belly was just going all over the place!  She definitely is going to be a high-energy baby/toddler, that's for sure!  I love every second of it though.  After dealing with IF, even the painful kicks and punches are so loved.

I've also had a huge change at work.  When my boss resigned, I told them I wanted only 32 hours a week.  Yeah...it's only been 2 weeks, and both weeks I've put in way over my requested 32 (I had a total of 75 hours when it should have been a max of 64).  We have a church intern who is supposed to be helping, but she's really not much of a help at all.  Tuesday, she came in later than she was supposed to, and Thursday, she called the pastor's wife (who was at the church that day) to see if they needed her to come in because she didn't think we had anything for her to do.  I was livid.  She is supposed to be in the office Tuesday-Thursday 1:30-5:00.  Thursday was the only afternoon I got off last week, and she is normally supposed to be in the office at 1:30.  She came in at 2:00 because the pastor's daughter was doing her hair.  Say what?!!?!  I really get the feeling that she has the same attitude the pastor's daughter has..."I can do whatever the heck I want because my dad's the lead pastor."  That is so not going to fly with me.  At least now, the new pastor and I set up a schedule for her which requires very little interaction between me and her, so we'll see how that works out.  We even figured out what she can be doing each afternoon she is there. 

It's going to be a fun interesting summer once again!  Oh joy!!

No update on my sister's wedding.  We really haven't spoken in a week or so which is odd for us.  I sent her an email personally inviting her to my baby shower in July, but I haven't heard anything back from her at all.  No email, no text, no call.  I'm not worried...if she wants to do that, it's her thing, not mine.

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Congrats! Its been a awhile since I've checked in!! Sounds like things are coming along for you guys. Yay!!