I never thought I could start hating going clothes shopping, but I'm to that point already. As usual, I'm having issues trying to find clothes to fit my ever-growing body. It's frustrating beyond belief!!
For example, my chest alone has jumped up a few sizes. Pre-pregnancy: 34A At 14 weeks along: 38B!! Holy crap!! So naturally bigger chest = fewer shirts I can wear. Not to mention, I've already spent nearly $60 just on new bras, and I have a feeling that number will increase again in a month or so.
I can only button 1 pair of jeans, but even those I haven't worn in a few days, so that could even be iffy. I've done safety-pin extensions on my dress pants (for work), and ponytail holder extensions on some of my jeans. But even with that, I have 2 pairs of dress pants and 2 pairs of jeans. Sweat pants are my friends...just too bad I can't wear them in the office!!
So naturally, I'd try to find some maternity stuff right? Yeah... For those who haven't had the "privilege" of looking at maternity clothes, you are lucky! Just a single pair of jeans will run you $40+ brand new. Shirts are usually $20+. Even for non-pregnant me, I wouldn't pay $40+ for a pair of jeans!! I don't plan on spending more on maternity clothes that I will wear for only a few weeks/months than I do for regular clothes I can wear until they wear out!
Now insert my real dilemma - pre-pregnancy I was usually a size 1 or 3 in jeans and usually bought them with a 33" inseam. Shirts were smalls. Translate that to maternity and it puts me in XS. Now, hit the stores and try to find XS without paying an arm and leg and you're screwed!!
I'm so over shopping. I just want summer to be here so I can justify constantly wearing basketball shorts and tank tops (as soon as I can find some that cover the chest and the belly). I thought pregnancy was supposed to be a fun and enjoyable time of our lives, but trying to dress this new body is causing more headaches than anything!!
2 comments:
Until the 23rd, gap.com has their pure body v neck tees for just 11$ and they are the BEST!! I hate spending money on mat clothes too :(
Did you try Old Navy? They have the cheapest PG stuff I've seen and run alot of sales.
Post a Comment