Monday, April 18, 2011

A little over 3 1/2 months ago...

DH and I started our IVF journey.  While we were so excited, it was also a whirlwind time!  The cycle went by so fast, and before we knew it, we were back home waiting for our test results.  Almost everyone who has been through IVF always posts pictures of all the meds and supplies they receive pre-IVF treatments, but no one ever really shows just how much (or how little) they go through one their cycle is done.  Here's what I went through:


That pictures includes everything I used/took from the BCPs at the very beginning to the suppositories and estrace I took up til 10 weeks.  Holy cow!!

Aside from that, everyone knows about our twins.  Well, if they don't, they're slowly finding out through the grapevine.  It's so exciting to be able to share our joy with our friends and family.

We had our first "official" OB appointment about 3 weeks ago and it was horrendous.  The lady we saw (she was a nurse practitioner) was very cold and rude.  Literally, she did a physical exam and nothing else.  She didn't bother even trying to hear the heartbeats because we were "too early" (at 11 weeks mind you).  She wouldn't do an ultrasound that day despite the fact that it had been a few days short of a month since our last ultrasound, but instead made us schedule another appointment just for the ultrasound check-up.  When I asked her questions regarding the twin pregnancy, she gave me worse answers than what I could have found online.  I asked her what my expected weight gain should be, and she replied with "Well, what do you think you should gain?"  That's a great answer from a medical professional.  Long story short, I won't be seeing her again.  We both felt like she really didn't care about us or our babies, and I don't need any extra stress during this pregnancy.

The wedding drama continues with my sister.  My mother and I both (and now I recently learned my brother as well) almost feel like she's just inviting us because she feels obligated to.  My sis and her fiance (I'll call them J & L for short) asked my brother to be an usher (yeah..family member!!), and my sister already has a back-up bridesmaid in case I can't make it.  The funny thing is is that she hasn't filled me in on any wedding details.  I have to ask her about things that honestly she should be telling me.  I shouldn't have to weasel things out of her like what kind of dresses she wants us to wear or when rehearsal is or what time the wedding is for crying out loud.  I'm so over the drama, and personally could care less at this point whether I make it back for it or not.  She's bridezilla to the max, but only when it comes to our family.  She's completely kosher with J's family!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad thigns are going well with the pregnancy - but, get a new OB!!! Don't waste your time with someone that doesn't care about you - getting someone that's good will make things so, so much less stressful.

gabsy said...

Well, we haven't even met with our actual doctor yet, and I haven't heard anything about him. We have our next appointment in a couple of weeks, and if that doesn't go well, we're definitely going to be transferring care elsewhere.

A lady I've talked with recently had twins through the same facility and told me that she was basically treated as a regular singleton pregnancy even though she had twins. That's a huge concern for me, but I'll give this doctor a chance to see if he treats my case any different (and not because we went through IVF, but because we have identical twins).