Monday, April 27, 2009

complete vent

I was lurking on the Web.MD TTC boards just a few minutes ago, and I must say that newbies infuriate me at times. Since it's probably not proper etiquette for me to voice my opinion on there, I thought I'd voice it here! Warning: I may get a little edgy with this post.

As a TTCer who is nearing her 19th cycle and is past the 2 year mark, I've heard lots of stories and other women's struggles to have a baby and even have personally experienced the roller coaster of hormones and emotions that occur as a result of TTC. What I don't get is stuff like this [The following are not word for word quotes from posts. They are merely examples of what I've read on boards.]:

"Why is it taking so long?" Then you look at their signature and see they are only on C3! C3!!!! Honestly...

"Should I go see my doctor to find out why we're not pregnant?" and they haven't even hit the 6 month mark and they're in their 20's.

"It's never going to happen!" Oh pity party. Try for a year, then say that. I don't want to read that when you've only been trying for the past couple of months.

"I'm 5 days late for my period. My boobs are so tender and I'm tired all the time. Should I take a HPT?" Umm yeah... most normal obsessive women who are TTC would have tested at least 7-10 times by the time they're 5 days late.

"I just know I'm pregnant, but my HPTs keep coming back negative. The test at the doctor's was negative too, but I just know I'm pregnant. Is there a chance the tests could be wrong?" Most likely, no. The tests at the docs are usually very reliable. In very very rare cases, women get false negatives, but more than likely, you'll get a false positive before you get a false negative.

"I got my period April 20. My boyfriend and I had sex last night. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant?" Umm, did you pay attention in health class at all? Besides, if you don't want a baby, then I suggest either A) using condoms (definitely not my first choice though), B) getting on birth control (Planned Parenthood helps), or C) not having sex at all (the only surefire way you won't get knocked up.

"I never thought this day would come!" when they post their BFP news after 5 months. That sentence should be reserved only for those women who have TTC 2+ years. Face infertility then you have the right to say that. Otherwise, I don't want to hear it.

Okay, so I'm normally not like this, I promise. But some people's ignorace of things really irritates my infertile self. I swear that some women don't pay attention at all during health class when it comes to their bodies. Granted, I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know enough to not ask stupid questions. ugh...

On a lighter note though, I found an RE that I really like, based on the website. Now I just need to meet with my doctor here on base and get a referral and get the ball rolling again. Looks like May will be a DIY month for us - no meds, no U/S, no nothing except good old BBTing and BDing! lucky us! haha

And a random question....does anyone know how to get a lysol smell out of a fridge? The previous people who lived in our house scrubbed the inside of the fridge with lysol. I've wiped it all out with plain ol' dishwater and even put bowls of baking soda in it thinking that would help. Yeah, not so much. I need some new ideas...

1 comment:

Christina said...

yeah you find some strange and highly annoying things on TTC boards, especially the JSO one. I love the girs on the 1st trimester board that think they are oh-so-special because it took them a whole entire 6 months to get pregnant!