Sunday, April 26, 2009

Colorado is my new home!

So, we got here last Monday and it has been crazy hectic ever since! Monday we signed papers for the house and unloaded and returned the rental truck. Tuesday, the movers came and delivered a bagillion boxes along with all of our furniture. Wednesday we had to do grocery shopping cuz I was sick of eating out and eating crap food. Thursday we spent the morning unpacking boxes and the afternoon hitting the shopping centers picking up stuff we needed for the house. Friday, we finally got our internet and cable hooked up (and what a headache it's been!). Yesterday, we didn't do much of anything cuz we are sick of unpacking and trying to find a place to put all our things. [The house we live in is way smaller than anything we've lived in before.] Today, we tried out a new church and decided to hit up the membership/learn more about the church meeting tonight as well. *sigh* It doesn't look like much when I type it all out, but trust me, come May 1, I'm going to be more than ready for a massage and a pedicure. I'll need it by that time!!

As for other news...I got my HCG trigger on CD11!! I had a follie at 2.4 that day!! Never have I had it that insanely early, but I wasn't going to complain. Hubby and I got in a lot of BDing during that week, and we learned (okay, possible TMI ahead) that BDing on an air mattress is not only possible, but it sure is a lot of fun! (I warned you!!) Needless to say, we didn't have to worry about BDing at my parents, so that was good. Tomorrow will be the make or break day though. I'll be 14/15 DPO so we'll see what my temp does. If not, I guess we'll be starting again here in CO. I did some web-research today on an RE here in the city, and his success rates for fresh IVF cycles using the patient's own eggs were in the mid-70% range for my age, which I don't think is too shabby. I'm really hoping we don't have to go that far, but we'll see. Who knows, maybe we won't even need to go see him! If we do though, at least I know that we don't have to drive an hour for appointments, as I would have had to do in NoDak. At least there's one perk to living in a bigger city!

I know there's a ton more I could write, but Hubby and I are exhausted and he has to work tomorrow at 7:30, so I think we'll be hitting the hay soon. I'm going to try to post pics soon, so y'all can enjoy our scenery some too!

1 comment:

Richelle & Mike said...

Glad you're getting settled in. Moving is no fun I know! Keep us posted on your temp tomorrow. When do you plan on poas'ing? GL!