Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quick update

So, our home computer is currently on the fritz. It sounds more like an airplane engine starting up than a laptop quietly running. So, my updates and posts will most likely be few and far between until we can get a new one (hopefully soon!).

Here's what's happened so far:

* The Clomid this time around wasn't so nice! Every night so far, I've gotten splitting headaches, and the hot flashes/night sweats are horrendous! It's amazing I've gotten any sleep at all lately.

* I've taken my Tussin like a good girl - 2 tsp 3 times a day.

* OPKs are not for me. Period. I figured I'd try them this cycle so we could have a heads up as far as my possible O date. Yeah, my test line got increasingly lighter even though I hadn't O'd. Serious?!?! Yeah...OPKs won't be part of our TTCing anymore. Plus, they take forever to get results! I don't have that much time or patience to wait around for a super faint line at CD12. Not going to happen.

* Ultrasounds:

  • I had my first one on Wednesday. It showed:
    - 4.4 cm endometrial thickness
    - Left Ovary: 10, 9, and 7 mm and 10 others that were less than 10 mm
    - Right Ovary: 16, 15, and 15 mm and 15 others that were less than 10 mm
  • Friday's U/S:
    - Right follies had grown to 17 mm, 15 mm, and 13 mm.
    - Left follies were shrinking. (fine by me)
  • Today's U/S:
    - 8.4 endometrial thickness!! heck yeah!
    - Right follie had hit 18!!

* HCG shots hurt like heck. For those that haven't had the joy of getting this shot injected into your tushy, don't feel left out. I had my shot around 8:45 this morning, and right now, my butt feels like I've done 100 squats on my left side only. If it still hurts like this tomorrow, I'm calling the doctor. Infertility shouldn't come with pain like this. ugh...

As for other health news, I saw a GI doctor yesterday. She went over my bagillion lab tests and my symptoms and all that jazz. At first, she said that I was a classic Celiac patient, but since my lab tests came back negative for Celiac, I now fit the bill of a possible Crohn's patient. Yeah, not good. I have a test that I have to do on Wednesday morning to see if in fact it is Crohn's or not. I'm not looking forward to it, but if it helps get some answers, it'll be worth it. I liked the physician that I saw though. She was super thorough and seemed to have a pretty good plan for what I need to do next. Now, if only I could get some answers before we move, I'd be super impressed!!

Add to that the fact that I have 10 working days left at my job, and I'd say life is pretty peachy.

No comments: