Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thoughts... (poss. TRIGS)

So the Nexium is doing some amazing work, and I've only felt nauseous twice since taking it - once after chasing my Nexium with my PNV, and tonight - when I think I took it a little too late and the smell of dinner just wasn't helping. I have to go back in a few weeks for a follow-up with the doctor, and I'm going to ask her if this is something that I'm going to be on for the rest of my life or if possibly this is something that I could "'grow out of," sotospeak. I'm hoping for the latter, although I'm sure that with my family history (it apparently is prevalent on both my dad's and mom's sides), it's going to be something that I will need to deal with the rest of my life. On a good note though, I talked to my OB/GYN and he said that it's perfectly fine to take while TTC! Yippee!! He actually told me that it's a Class B medication and they prescribe it all the time for OB patients with GERD. It's safe, and that's something I was hoping I'd hear. I didn't want to get used to it and have it work for me then find out that it's not baby-safe.

As far as other news...

My hubby is still gone, and we're back to another military-induced period of abstinence (basically, no TTC). By now you'd think I'd be used to it [this is the third time we've been apart since we decided to start trying to have a baby]. There are days when I honestly think that 14 months really isn't that bad, all things considered. And then I have days when I just wish he would be home around my O date so it wouldn't be another month down the drain. I swear...TTC while in the military is so incredibly hard when you're apart more than you're together! At least I can be thankful that I have a wonderful OB/GYN doctor who knows my situation and is more than willing to help in whatever way he can. Makes those hard days seem a little easier.

Completely changing topics...I just have to blog a little about stuff pertaining to my job. I work in an OB/GYN office. Every day I see women of all ages coming in with their big preggo bellies. I get to see girls younger than me pregnant with their first. I get to see teenagers coming in wanting pregnancy tests only to find out a few hours later that their biggest nightmare has come true. I have to deal with 45+ year old women that think that they're current family just isn't quite enough and they think they should be able to have another baby. I have to see the tears stream down a mom-to-be's face after learning that her babies may not make it. I love to watch the new parents with their little baby who was born just a few weeks before. I have to listen to women complain about the discomfort they're in during the last few months of their pregnancy. I get to experience the joy and shock that a woman feels when she finds out she is pregnant with multiples - without using fertility drugs. I laugh with them over things. I connect with them to the point where if I see them on the street, I could go talk to them, and not even think twice. [I don't do this however. It'd be against the rules of my job.] It doesn't bother me to see/deal with all of these things [except for the near peri-menopausal women trying to get pregnant]. Why? That's a darned good question.

So many of the women I know that are TTC have issues going to baby showers for friends because of the big belly and the baby talk that is always prevalent. They don't like to read or hear about everyone else's pregnancies or even listen to their complaints about sleepless nights or aching backs. Since they themselves have not experienced the joys of motherhood, they can't seem to bring themselves to share in the joy of another woman's journey either. It doesn't make sense to me. I don't know. Maybe I'm just too nice and don't let things get to me that often. Personally, I love hearing about pregnancies and even going to baby showers! I love the fact that I can go shopping for something for one of my friends' babies. I don't mind hearing about their issues. It just doesn't bug me.

Maybe I'm just strange.
Then again...maybe I'm just who I should be.

No comments: