Saturday, November 22, 2008

21.43%

That's the percentage of pregnancy possibility that DH and I have had since we started trying to have a baby in March of 2007. Out of 14 cycles, only 21.43% chance of actually getting pregnant. No wonder we haven't gotten a BFP yet. Here's how I came to that conclusion:

We have been TTC for 14 cycles. (100%).
Of that, I have only ovulated for 6 of those cycles. (6/14 = ~42.86%)
Of those 6 ovulatory cycles, we've had good timing on 3 of those (3/6 x 42.86% = ~21.43%).

What sucky odds. A normal healthy couple will typically conceive within their first year of trying. Not us. We're both healthy, yet our first year resulted in less than 20% of getting knocked up. Most people only face a 20% chance every month of getting those two pink lines. DH and I, well, we faced 20% chance of pregnancy in a year's time, instead of a month's time. How crappy.

Maybe 2009 will have better results for us. I'm sure praying they will.

No comments: