Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Friday! It's Friday! *happy dance*

'Tis Friday!  Yippee!!

Last Friday, my GI office called me to let me know that the abdominal ultrasound they had me do came back normal (surprise...surprise...).  After a very confusing convo with the nurse (she was confusing...what she said and what she was trying to mean were 2 different things), I found out I had to schedule yet another follow-up appt with the NP.  I have that appt on Monday, so we'll see what she says.  I have a feeling she'll leave me with "You have IBS" and ship me out the door.

Wednesday, I started working part-time at our church.  I'm basically a gopher/odds and ends kinda person for awhile until I get more comfortable with things there and learn how they do stuff.  So far it's been pretty slack.  The pay isn't quite what I was expecting, but at least we'll be having a little extra income coming in, and I'll be somewhat busy while Hubby is gone.

Has anyone else not filed their taxes yet?  The wonderful military screwed up a W-2 for Hubby, so we are still waiting for that to be changed.  I basically have the forms all filled out - I just need that one W-2 so I can finish them up and ship them off.  From what I can tell, we should be getting almost enough to cover our IVF cycle!!  woo-hoo!!

Speaking of which, I received another call from the IVF office.  The nurse/coordinator had a few questions for me and wanted to let me know that they'd be sending me a packet of info for the August cycle/rotation.  However, after talking with her, we unfortunately had to move Hubby and I into the January 2011 rotation.  Hubby will get back a few weeks too late for us to do the August round.  I'm a little bummed about it, but at least we'll still have somewhat of a date to look forward to!

Every year, I always plant a flower garden.  This year (of course) will be no different.  I've already started redoing the flower beds to get them prepped.  Also this year, I decided to start the flowers indoors using seeds instead of purchasing the plants from a store.  Last year, we spent near $100 on just a few plants.  This year we'll need more to fill the flower beds, so I decided to get on the ball and start them early as well as save us some money!!  Well, I already have little plants poking through the dirt in their cups.  I'm excited to know that we'll actually get some flowers from this.  I'm always cautious about starting plants from seeds because I don't want to spend all that time planting them and then have nothing come up for whatever reason.  It's always a gamble, but so far it's paying off for us!  Yay!!

That's my week in a nutshell.   See, I told ya it wouldn't be 2 months between posts!!  haha

1 comment:

^J^ said...

Hey long time no read! I remember reading this post and I thought for sure I commented. Sorry you're not getting to be in the august IVF rotation. (((hugs))) I like working in the garden too. What flowers did you plant? I'm sure they're already bloomed by now, huh?! Hope all is well with you!